10 WAYS TO GREEN YOUR FITNESS
With the focus being to do whatever we can to help sustain the planet, you can incorporate a few green practices into your fitness plan that can increase the benefits to the environment.
The best way to make your exercise an environmental act is to shift your workout to the out-of-doors. Exercises outdoors get you in shape but bring you closer to the natural world and your community.
You can workout at the beach, on trails, playgrounds, in the yard. You can purchase fitness products that allow you to use outside like kettlebells, resistance bands, and dumbbells; almost anything.Here are 10 tips to help you Green your Routine
1. Commute to work as much as you can by riding your bike. It’s better for the environment as well as the whole body. Biking is also nice and easy on the joints.
2. Walking outside is much better exercise than running on a treadmill or going to a Gym, which utilizes power and damages the environment in turn. Brisk walks are a great way to remain slim, trim, and healthy.
3. Eat organic energy bars, fresh fruit, and juices to fuel up before, during and after your workouts.
4. Start a garden. Planting, weeding, pruning trees and pulling weeds can have as much benefit as a dumbbell routine. This will also allow you to grow vegetables of your choice
5. Go for a hike at a fitness trail, national park, forest, countryside, or local farm instead of going to the gym.
6. DRINK WATER. Water is not your enemy! Drink lots of it and keep yourself hydrated.
7. Always use reusable water bottle for carrying drinking water. Try the Kleen Canteen
8. Avoid synthetic foods and junk foods as they perform functions, which are not suited to our bodies system and produce junk for our atmosphere. Eat an oil and fat free diet, which has rich portions of green vegetables and fruits. Fruits and organic nuts are a good option for eating at the breakfast time. This will help to provide you a day full of energy.
9. Make bodyweight exercises your friend. Bodyweight exercises are a green fitness experts’ favorite. These build muscle, strength and muscle endurance.
10. Make green fitness your life. Eat, drink and live green. Love the earth, love yourself and take care of your temple. It’s the only body you’re going to have.
The above are only a few ways by which we can reduce the burden on us and our planet earth. Yes we have to follow all the rules and guidelines of green fitness if we want our next generations to live safely on this earth. With the present crises of Global warming, environmental pollution, energy hazards etc., the only way out to save our planet is to go “GREEN”.