Wednesday, May 28, 2008

BURN FAT WITH INTERVAL TRAINING

BURN FAT WITH INTERVAL TRAINING

I love interval training. Not only does it break up the monotony of cardio training at the gym, but it also burns calories and fat much faster than other cardio exercises. Interval training consists of repeated intervals of relatively high intensity followed by a longer interval of low intensity. You can use interval training with any of the cardio equipment found at gyms; treadmill, elliptical machine, stair climber or the stationary bike.
Here is my sample interval routine that I incorporate into my cardio exercises. I do these one /two times per week to put some oomph into my training.
On the Stationary Bike:
5 Minutes: Level 1-4: Warm Up
30 seconds: Level 10 at above100 rpm
1:30 minutes: Level 1 at above 80 rpm
30 seconds: Level 10 at above100 rpm
1:30 minutes: Level 1 at above 80 rpm
30 seconds: Level 11 at above 100 rpm
1:30 minutes: Level 1 at above 80 rpm
30 seconds: Level 12 at above100 rpm
1:30 minutes: Level 1 at above 80 rpm
30 seconds: Level 13 at above 100 rpm
1:30 minutes: Level 1 at above 80 rpm
Repeat the hi-low intensity intervals 5 more times and then cool down for 5 minutes.
Your total workout time should be 30 minutes.
My goal is to get 10 sessions of high-low intensity intervals (10/10) with a 5 minute warm up and cool down. If you are just beginning you must work up to the 10/10. I suggest you try to get to 5/5 and increase by one every successive workout.
By adding interval training to your workouts, you will burn more calories, increase your aerobic capacity and you’ll add variety to your cardio workouts.

In order to get me through my cardio workouts I always Funk Jet Fuel Formula.
Infinit Nutrition and Funk Roberts have created a few workout formulas, to help you with you workout before, during and after. Try this Formula before your next cardio session.
Funk Roberts
Don't Rush the Beat

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEAVE COMMENTS HERE - SUBSCRIBE TO FUNK ROBERTS FITNESS