I preach to my clients that diet and nutrition is the #1 aspect of losing weight – 1 month ago I weighed 205lbs and now I’m 190lbs ripped. The biggest part of my loss was tweaking my nutrition – not going crazy and trying to rip down – just a few things that really made a difference. Eating breakfast was the key.
If you skip breakfast, low blood sugar triggers the hunger centre in you brain. The hunger signals can be so powerful that you overcompensate and eat too much at lunch, or snack on bad food for the rest of the day.
The University of Colorado researchers* found that people who eat breakfast maintain weight loss better than those who don’t. In the study, breakfast eaters burned up more calories during the day – probably because they had more energy.
Eating breakfast, particularly if it contains some protein can hold off the hunger monster for hours. Your body converts the amino acids from proteins into blood sugar. Amino’s act as tiny blood sugar time release capsules that keep you from overeating.
Other benefits to eating breakfast is that it aids in weight management, it fuels the body to help provide energy, helps to give you better concentration and problem-solving ability throughout the day.
DO NOT SKIP BREAKFAST!
7 SIMPLE BREAKFAST IDEAS (American Dietetic Association)
1. Ready-to-eat whole-grain cereal topped with fruit and a cup of yogurt
2. Whole-grain waffles topped with peanut butter, fruit or ricotta cheese
3. A whole-wheat pita stuffed with sliced hard-cooked eggs
4. Hot cereal topped with cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice or cloves
5. Peanut butter on a bagel with fresh fruit (banana or apple wedges) and low-fat milk
6. Breakfast smoothie (milk, fruit and teaspoon of bran, whirled in a blender)
7. Vegetable omelet with a bran muffin and orange juice
Subscribe to Funk Fitness t and enter to WIN a PULL UP BAR