Wednesday, July 29, 2009

WANT TO REDUCE YOUR WEIGHT AND ILLNESS FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY?

FOOD, INC. REVIEW by Davelle Morrison

As a wise computer nerd once said to me if my computer had broken down, think GIGO. Garbage In, Garbage Out. This week I’ll use this in the context of what we put in our bodies. The reality is that I have friends that mock my fondness for eating healthy, however, they seem to catch colds far easier than I do.

The more that we use good quality ingredients in your meals and avoid fast food, the better off we all are. This weekend, I went to see the film Food Inc.

To a foodie like myself, this was the equivalent of seeing a horror film. To see how meat is processed in U.S. factories is truly horrifying to a carnivore such as myself. My only saving grace is that I only purchase organic meat when I cook at home. This movie gave me every encouragement that I need to continue doing so.

The truly sad part in this movie was watching a low-income family visit their local fast food restaurant where they would feed the family for less than $20.

They simply couldn’t justify spending $2.00 on a couple of pears at the grocery store because they could buy a burger for $1.00 at a fast food restaurant. Unfortunately the short term choices that we make can affect us in the long term.

The patriarch of this family now suffers from Type 2 Diabetes forcing the family to spend an additional $230 per month for diabetes medication with the added possibility that he may go blind and be rendered unable to work.

Had they spent the money earlier on better food and cooked more and home, they would not be facing these grim circumstances.

I can’t stress enough that if you want to stay healthy, avoid illness & lose weight spend the additional dollars now and buy organic meat, cheese, milk & eggs.

Don’t wait until you or a loved one have a serious healthy issue before you start to believe in GIGO. Treat your body more like a temple instead of an amusement park.

Davelle Morrison is the owner of Karmic Fitness and has been an avid fitness enthusiast and has completed the Niagara Falls & New York City Marathons.

Easy Veggie Meal Plans!



Kardena Pauza's Easy Veggie Meal Plans for Fat Loss program

Grab your copy here!

www.EasyVeggieMealPlans.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEAVE COMMENTS HERE - SUBSCRIBE TO FUNK ROBERTS FITNESS