Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Funk Roberts Training Split

Many people ask me "FUNK, what is your training regime?" or "FUNK, what body part do you workout and when?" Now depending on the type of person you are, you may workout your chest and triceps on the same day, or back and biceps. Everyone is different; you just have to find what works for you. Over the years I’ve played with many combinations but what I am going to describe to you below is what works best for me.

Day 1 - Chest, Abs and Cardio.
I like to do chest by itself, cause for me this is an important part of my body and I like it to look big and ripped. For that I need to spend a little more time and I do a few more exercises then I would with other body parts. I’ll quickly do some abs and then hit the cardio machine of my choice.

Day 2 – Legs
This body part deserves a day on its own, on the account that it’s the biggest and all. I do jump training here as well so I don’t like to overload with other body parts.

Day 3 – Rest
Midweek I take a off so my muscles can rest and grow

Day 4 - Arms, Abs and Cardio
I like to couple the biceps and triceps. As antagonizing muscles, I can ensure that both body parts can get the maximum workout they require. I will hit my abs again with different exercises from the beginning of the week and then back to the cardio machines.

Day 5 – Back and shoulders
With my biceps a little spent from the day before, I like hitting the back so I make sure that my back is doing most of the work and not the bi’s. Shoulder finishes off the week and I don’t have to necessarily go heavy, because we know the shoulders did a lot of work throughout the week.

Day 6 – Cardio
Here I’ll choose a lifestyle exercise, whether its beach volleyball, roller hockey, or playing football with the yutes, I’ll do my best to stay outside and do something fun.

Day 7 – Rest and Relaxation

That’s all folks a typical training split for Funk Roberts. I like to change up the exercises every week to keep my muscles guessing. Remember to get a quick 5 minute warm-up before your workout to get the blood flowing and stretch it up after to keep those muscles elongated so that they continue to grow. This works for both women and men.

Funks Training Split
Day 1: Chest and Abs - Cardio
Day 2: Legs – Jump Training and Squats
Day 3: Off
Day 4: Arms – Biceps and Triceps - Cardio
Day 5: Shoulders and Back
Day 6: Cardio
Day 7: Off

Remember, Don't Rush the Beat!

2 comments:

  1. This is a wicked site FUNK! THANK YOU for all this valuable information........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it that having 2 days of rest per muscle group is such a long rest?

    ReplyDelete

LEAVE COMMENTS HERE - SUBSCRIBE TO FUNK ROBERTS FITNESS