Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Build your Thighs into Super Quads

4 Ways to Super Quads

How do you think Superman is able to leap small building in a single bound or run faster than a speeding bullet He has Super quads! Growing up I was blessed with big quads. I guess it was all that running around, jumping, squatting, etc. that I did as a little boy.

But as you get older you must make sure that you hit the legs at least once a week. Leg day can be brutal because of the degree of muscle involved and this following workout is no different. We are going for a full leg blast baby, starting by pounding the quads with these 4 super-gems.

1. Squats
I like to start with this exercise. Load on the bar and hit this for 4 sets of heavy strict movement. I like to get nice and low when I perform this. I am practically sitting on the floor and then BLAST OFF! Do 4 sets of 8- 15 reps. If you really want to blow up those quads, do a set of jump squats with 45 lbs per side.

2. Lunges
Now as much as guys think this is a girly move, on the contrary my good men. These are key to great leg and glutes construction. I like to hold heavy dumbbells and will either walk back and forth in the aerobic studio or just squat in place. Do 3 sets of 10 reps per leg, or walk back and forth 3 times in your aerobic studio.


3. Leg Press
I like to use heavy weight with this exercise, especially after the first 2 sets. I have witnessed some incredible leg press feats in my day; 10 and 11 plates a side. You know who you are…simply amazing. I will do 3 sets of 10 reps with weight that I can barely get to 10 with.


4. Leg Extensions
This is my favourite leg exercise. I love to watch the teardrops in the thigh working during every lift. I consciously squeeze and hold the quad muscles at the top and slowly lower to the starting positions – don’t just drop the weight. Perform 3 sets of 10 reps.


Ensure you add an exercise for the hammies and calves and your legs will be Super-Set. If you are not ready to puke after this workout, then you need to pile on the weight. Good Luck and UP, UP and AWAY!

Funk Roberts
Don’t Rush the Beat!

1 comment:

LEAVE COMMENTS HERE - SUBSCRIBE TO FUNK ROBERTS FITNESS