I am so excited to share this workout with you. It is a killer but the benefits are priceless. I took the concept from forty-five-year-old Red Wings defenseman Chris Chelios and his trainer T.R. Goodman. I did this workout with my female training partner, so women don’t be shy.
This hour long workout includes no rest between sets and focuses on endurance and perfect form. For this Funk Power Hour, you can choose any exercises that you wish, but make sure you cover all body-parts. Try to pick at least 7 exercises. I did 9 for this one and I was dead afterward.
Here is the Funk Power Hour with exercises, reps and what they focus on. If you are an athlete, bodybuilder, fitness aficionado, or just want to throw a wrench into your routine, this workout will turn you into a workout monster.
You are going to need your Funk Power Workout Formula to get you through this workout
FUNK POWER HOUR WORKOUT
8 REPS PER EXERCISE
NO REST BETWEEN SETS
REPEATED CONTINUOUSLY IN SEQUENCE FOR 1 HOUR
CHOOSE WEIGHT THAT YOU CAN HANDLE
Funk Power Hour Workout
- Skipping - 50 revolutions. Endurance
- Single Arm Kettlebell Swing L and R - 8 reps each arm - 40 pounds Dynamic and Full body strength
- Incline Dumbbell Press 8 reps - 70 pounds – upper chest, shoulders
- Dumbbell Bent Over row L and R - 8 reps each arm - 60 pounds - lats
- Standing Alternate Dumbbell curls - 8 reps each arm - 25 pounds - biceps
- Lying Dumbbell Triceps Extensions - 8 reps - 20 pounds - triceps
- Funk Flying Step Ups - 8 reps each legs – quads, hamstrings, calves, increase vertical
- Dumbbell Side Lateral Raises 8 reps 12 pounds - shoulders
- Abs Bicycles 8 reps per side – abs