FUNK 50 – PART 6 - BALL BUSTERS - STABILITY BALL WORKOUT
10 REPS EACH WITH NO REST BETWEEN EXERCISES
30 SECOND REST BETWEEN SETS - 3 SETS
Remember with all Funk 50 for Ab Workouts, you are going to do each movement for 10 reps each with no rest in between exercises. Once you have completed the 5 exercises rest for 1 minute and get back on the ball for 2 more sets – TOTAL 3 SETS
STABILITY BALL CRUNCH – 10 REPS
STABILITY BALL ROLL-UPS - 10 REPS
STABILITY BALL JACK KNIFE – 10 REPS
STABILITY BALL OBLIQUE CRUNCH – 10 REPS PER SIDE
STABILITY BALL FROG CRUNCHES – 10 REPS
One of the best ways to strengthen your core muscles is by using a stability ball (swiss or exercise ball). I love this piece of equipment because it forces you to improve your balance and overall coordination, while helping you focus on improving strength in your abs and lower back.
Your abs will react much different from your regular floor crunches. Because it is a little unstable and you must constantly adjust to remain balanced, use of the stability ball improves the functional strength, balance and flexibility of the body.
I have thrown together my FUNK 50 for ABS part 6 – Ball Busters with the help of Team 12 Training (www.team12training.com ) owner, Mike Slean. As Mike has mentioned to me, the stability ball is a piece of equipment he uses to train his athletes and clients and a must to have in your home.
Did I mention he placed 5th in the Pan-Am, strength and conditioning coach of Durham Attack, Canadian national Beach Volleyball Team and 5th place at Pan-Am Gamers
5 BENEFITS TO USING THE STABILITY BALL FOR ABS WORKOUTS
1. Proper Alignment – As you get the proper balance, the alignment of the body parts is also improved.
2. Awesome Abs - The abs and the back muscles are simultaneously worked, which will help to give you the 6 pack
3. Improve Muscle Strength and Endurance - As all the major muscle groups are exercised, tone, strength and endurance are improved
4. Core Stability – The ball guarantees that no matter how ‘deep’ or ‘into the core’ these muscles are, they are still exercised.
5. Losing Weight - the ball strengthens your muscles and with regular exercise will help to reduce body fat.
DO YOU NEED A STABILITY BALL? GET YOUR TODAY AT TREADMILLFACTORY.CA AND SAVE 10% BY MENTIONING "FUNK ROBERTS"