Are you looking to change up you arm workout and gain some valuable definition? Well Supersetting is the workout for you. What are Supersets you ask?
Supersetting is doing two different exercises back to back without stopping for rest. There are a number of benefits to supersetting.
1. Shocks your body by doing a different type of workout
2. Can get you out of the boring training rut, by doing something different
3. If your short in time, this is great way to maximize your workout
4. Add some muscle mass to your body
5. It gives you more of an aerobic exercise, which can help burn more fat
When supersetting, I always do so with antagonizing muscle groups, or push-pull groups. For example, perform Biceps/Triceps, Back/Chest and Quads/Hamstrings.
This week’s exercise is part of my Biceps and Triceps superset workout.
I usually perform this second in my set of exercises. Start with 10 reps of Standing Dumbbell Curls, ensuring that your shoulders are back, chest out and squeeze at the top of the movement. After you finish you last rep, move to the Pressdown machine and blast through 10 reps of Tricep Pressdowns once again keeping the shoulders back, chest out and squeeze at the bottom of the movement. Do 3 sets of this and rest assures you will see the definition take over your arm.
Don’t Rush the Beat!